Tuesday, April 16, 2013

We are all capable of surviving poverty


Admit it, a lot of you would be very terrified to leave your comfort zones  and lead a simple or a humble life with your partner. I've met a lot of people who have separated because they couldn't sustain  or get the lifestyle that they need or want.

I've lived long enough to hear a lot of love struck couples saying "Oh, I am willing to live anywhere so long as I am with you." So easy to say, so hard to do; and in the end, when they see no food on the table any longer, they just turn their backs on each other.

I have once been accused of being incapable of surviving poverty and some people believed that it was the reason why my husband and I separated.  I was really disappointed with the people who said this about me primarily because they know nothing of what I am capable of. I know I've never been poor, but that doesn't mean I know nothing about it.

Yes, I would wholeheartedly admit that I am afraid of poverty. Why shouldn't I be, I grew up getting most of the things I need and even more. I always wake up to a hearty breakfast and would dine out in classy restaurants. That's how my parents brought me up.

Yet, even if I am afraid of being poor, let me just clarify (again) that this doesn't mean that I cannot survive poverty.  These are two very different concepts. Besides, we cannot really say what a person is capable of until we have observed what this person has really done.

If  given a choice, I would always choose wherever I will be happy. Since I am mostly happy when I am with my loved ones, then where they are is where I'll be; whether that be in a mansion or in a shack, it doesn't matter really. All I want though is for the cards to be laid out clearly and transparently and from there I will be able to figure out a way to survive.

In reality, every one is capable of living in poverty and surviving it because a human's natural instinct is to survive, not to mention, every one is capable of sacrificing for their loved ones. Thus, limiting resources would not stop any person to find alternatives, that is unless the person chose to give up. Now this my friends would be a totally different story worthy of yet another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment